Star Trek Endeavour in Star Trek Online!

For discussion, images, etc., of the Star Trek Online RPG.

Moderator: jayphailey

Star Trek Endeavour in Star Trek Online!

Postby JaceRidley » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:04 am

While I don't have my Sovereign yet with Endeavour emblazoned on the front, I have taken some screens I thought I'd share with you.

First, there is me...This is James Gideon with my first crack at the RIDICULOUSLY detailed Character Creator. However, I have more experience with it now so when the game goes live at the end of the month, I'll recreate him to look more like Anthony Stewart Head looks. Also, I love these uniforms but they are far from the only choice. I'll have to do a seperate thread for that entirely when I play with the creator a bit more. There are a LOT of them, including our Grey Shouldered ones from TNG Movie Era .

During my time, I got to visit the K-7 Station on the border of the Klingon Neutral Zone, when, to my surprise I ran into the station Commander....Naomi Wildman....

...and she sent me to review star charts and an Attack Plan with none other than Mackenzie Calhoun! That's me on the left.

So that's me. Now how about some ship/exterior images? Since I don't have the Sovereign-class yet(in fact, I'm still flying the initial Light Cruiser because you have to be a Lt. Cmdr. to reach the next tier of ships...which I'll be doing very soon), I have the USS Avalon, a modified Shi'Kahr-class ship. Basically I took parts from the Shi'Kahr, the Miranda, and the Centaur-classes and got to make my own ship. And I added the blue "running stripes"...

Here, the Avalon, the Interceptor(a Centaur-class) and the Prokofiev(a Shi'Kahr class unmodified) arrive on the scene of a Klingon raid to help defend the fleet. Both of those ships were user controlled and we had just dropped out of warp having responded to a distress call to Starbase 24.

Here is a beauty shot of the Avalon at full Impulse arriving into Orbit of a planet I was surveying. I was looking for dilithium in the Asteroids if I recall.

During my first visit to K-7 I had to take this...

And lastly, a nice top-down image of my ship as I arrive at Cernan-IV just about an hour ago to investigate sensor readings indicating a lost Benzite ship may have crashed. This is just prior to my beam down to survey the wreckage.

And there you have it...more when I take more.. :)

That's magic in a cheetah print coat, Just a slip underneath it I hope
Asking if I can have one of those, Organic cigarettes that she smokes
Wraps her lips round the Mexican coke, Makes you wish that you were the bottle
Takes a sip of your soul and it sounds like…

JaceRidley
-The Captain-
-The Captain-

Postby JaceRidley » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:36 am

3 quick ones to end the evening...

First, after leading a campaign to eradicate several Orion battlegroups from terrorizing a trading planet's local space, I was promoted to Lieutenant Commander and told to report back to Earth Spacedock immediately. So home I travelled, and spoke to the Admiral who promoted me officially and there was a ceremony. I wish I had taken a screenshot of that, but at the time I was so jazzed up to get my new ship I plum forgot. Oh...and that new ship? The USS Discovery NCC-95281-A, Excalibur-class, shown here on her maiden voyage away from Spacedock.

And just for kicks, I decided to take a trip home while I was in local space and flew across the sky at full impulse just for this picture:

It gives you a better feel for the Discovery. She's slightly larger than a Constitution-class, and I decorated her markings myself, changed some strut and neck design, and then...because they added it in the last Beta-patch, I had to choose a new bridge for myself. Can you guess which I picked?

JaceRidley
-The Captain-
-The Captain-

Postby ambessalion » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:42 am

all this can't be done without the CD-Rom?
Ahmie K-[ay][aka Adam Kriegel], Captain of the Department of Weird yea i'm weird
STPMA WORLDBUILDING EXPERT[ RIP MJ!!] Normal people scare meAging is inevitable, maturity is optional
https://imgur.com/a/bUvNm
ambessalion
-the weird one-
-the weird one-

Postby JaceRidley » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:12 am

ambessalion wrote:all this can't be done without the CD-Rom?

These are in-game shots, man. While playing I just keep the printscreen button in reach and I take shots when I can. A little hard to do in combat right now(Space combat is pretty intense and you have to be paying attention) but you don't need a disc for it....you can get it digitally too.

JaceRidley
-The Captain-
-The Captain-

Postby ambessalion » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:37 pm

oh....well i can't afford a subscription or the CD....sigh....

i hate credit cards :twisted:
Ahmie K-[ay][aka Adam Kriegel], Captain of the Department of Weird yea i'm weird
STPMA WORLDBUILDING EXPERT[ RIP MJ!!] Normal people scare meAging is inevitable, maturity is optional
https://imgur.com/a/bUvNm
ambessalion
-the weird one-
-the weird one-

Postby CamSPD » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:10 pm

Jason, these are beautiful pictures. Makes me wish I could afford the game as well, so I could have some screen shots for my fanfic!

Oh, and that Generations Galaxy-class bridge is the same one I'm using on my Nebula. :D
"Ah! She is a writer!"
We are free because of the brave.
CamSPD
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby JaceRidley » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:13 pm

CamSPD wrote:Oh, and that Generations Galaxy-class bridge is the same one I'm using on my Nebula. :D

Well, I figured why not? It all gets whiped in 2 weeks anyway and I'm sitting on like 15000 energy credits with no other real need for them. When I do it for real though, I'll be using a traditional Sovereign-class Bridge for Endeavour.

JaceRidley
-The Captain-
-The Captain-

Postby CamSPD » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:15 pm

JMaxwell wrote:When I do it for real though, I'll be using a traditional Sovereign-class Bridge for Endeavour.

But of course!
"Ah! She is a writer!"
We are free because of the brave.
CamSPD
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby RichMerk » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:43 pm

Damn you!!! How am I supposed to resist buying this now?!?

:P
RichMerk
Chief Underpants Gnome
Chief Underpants Gnome

Postby captainuniverse » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:47 pm

Rich, just pretend you're fighting the Borg. Resistance is NOT futile. It's just on the back burner until someone comes up with a better idea.
"All of Time and Space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?"

"Geronimo!"

Thanks to FltCpt. Bossco for my Tattok avatar. This is Tattok when he assumed the position of Commander-in-Chief, Starfleet in the year 2411.
captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Postby JaceRidley » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:12 pm

RichMerk wrote:Damn you!!! How am I supposed to resist buying this now?!?

:P

You shouldn't! Join me and Jay and come play.

Oh and also...The 25th Century version of your own Ms. Schmidt would like to plead my case on her own behalf...

JaceRidley
-The Captain-
-The Captain-

Postby Darthpaul » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:30 pm

These images are pretty cool, wish I had the equipment and cash to play the game. The only down side for me are the horrible new uniform designs, I would have to get as close to canon as quickly as possible. I'll resign myself to living the game vicariously through your posts, so please continue.
“It's all fun and games, until someone looses an eye...than it's fun and games you can't see anymore.”-James Hetfield
'Nec temere timide-Neither rashly nor timidly.'
'Bonvolu alsendi la pordiston, laŭŝajne estas rano en mia bideo'.
Darthpaul
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

Postby JaceRidley » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:28 pm

I actually rather enjoy some of the uniform designs. I made a bunch of screenshots of the various styles which I'll get up on here at some point soon.

You CAN use the TNG/DS9 Uniforms. They're available, and what my crew will be using once I actually make my crew via the game.

JaceRidley
-The Captain-
-The Captain-

Postby RichMerk » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:47 pm

JMaxwell wrote:The 25th Century version of your own Ms. Schmidt would like to plead my case on her own behalf...

Pretty good likeness. :)
RichMerk
Chief Underpants Gnome
Chief Underpants Gnome

Postby JaceRidley » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:37 pm

RichMerk wrote:
JMaxwell wrote:The 25th Century version of your own Ms. Schmidt would like to plead my case on her own behalf...

Pretty good likeness. :)

It would be better if I did it over now.

In the patch they released Wednesday night, they turned on the in-game Anti-Aliasing and everything looks about 500 times better now. Actually I have a ton of new stuff to post...

JaceRidley
-The Captain-
-The Captain-

Next

Return to Star Trek Online