Quick question

For discussion, images, etc., of the Star Trek Online RPG.

Moderator: jayphailey

Quick question

Postby Kaichi » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:02 am

I recently downloaded the demo for STO and its been kicking my computers ass. I've seen the recommended system requirements online but I was wondering what people have been running it on and how well the game was working on different settings?

Thanks!
“Throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
~ Mark Twain
Kaichi
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Quick question

Postby mandarhobbit » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:16 pm

I only played for two nights because it kicked my computer's ass too. It was horribly laggy.
mandarhobbit
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Postby Kaichi » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:19 pm

I'd be ok if it was only lagging but mine crashed at one point.
“Throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
~ Mark Twain
Kaichi
Ensign
Ensign

Postby CamSPD » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:18 pm

I had lag problems (like the character being difficult to maneuver) when I first got it and played on my laptop, because the lappy's graphics card didn't meet even the minimum requirements. So when I was in the market for a comp I could play games on a few months back, I made sure to look for one that matched the system requirements for STO, so i could play it and other computer games and have no problems like that.
"Ah! She is a writer!"
We are free because of the brave.
CamSPD
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Kaichi » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:37 pm

Yeah my graphics card is way out of date even for the minimum requirements. But my computer just isn't optimized for gaming so I either need to do a complete overhaul or build a new one.
~ Mark Twain
Kaichi
Ensign
Ensign

Return to Star Trek Online