U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-F

For discussion, images, etc., of the Star Trek Online RPG.

Moderator: jayphailey

U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-F

Postby Triton » Sat May 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Cryptic Studios has announced the winner of their Design the New Enterprise contest. No it isn't the dude who created the Titan. He wasn't even a Runner-Up.

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2415

I find the design derivative of the Galaxy, Oberth, and Intrepid classes. Yet another craptacular starship from Cryptic Studios. Is this really the best that fans can come up with?
Last edited by Triton on Sat May 07, 2011 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fortune favors the audacious" -- Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus (October 28, 1466 – July 12, 1536)
Triton
Commodore
Commodore

Re: U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-F

Postby KahlessOfVulcan » Sat May 07, 2011 3:59 pm

Looks like a fat turtle. I think the F stands for failure. I like the third place runner up much better. I wish there were bigger pictures, too.
"You may think you're stronger than me - and MAYBE you are - but I got something you ain't never gonna have. Heart."
-Ben Grimm, AKA The Ever-Lovin' Blue Eyed Thing

Thanks to Joshawott for my avatar (Lt. Mike McCormack, USS Sovereign)
KahlessOfVulcan
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Triton » Sat May 07, 2011 4:10 pm

I really like this design for the Renown-class U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-F by Malcolm "Galen" Lu. Unfortunately, because he is a citizen of Singapore, he could not enter the contest. It was only open to citizens of the United States.

http://galen82.deviantart.com/art/Renown-Class-WIP-187057170?moodonly=69

http://galen82.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2tnlc2

"Galen" previously named the design the Wanderer-class U.S.S. Voyager NCC-97656.

http://galen82.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2tf2um
"Fortune favors the audacious" -- Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus (October 28, 1466 – July 12, 1536)
Triton
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Triton » Sat May 07, 2011 4:16 pm

KahlessOfVulcan wrote:Looks like a fat turtle. I think the F stands for failure. I like the third place runner up much better. I wish there were bigger pictures, too.

Yeah, I wish there were bigger pictures too. The whole contest looked like a major cluster ****. Many people submitted designs that were not their own. I don't know if they had intended to submit their favorite fan designs, or if they were plagiarizing the designs.
Triton
Commodore
Commodore

Postby KahlessOfVulcan » Sat May 07, 2011 5:28 pm

Now that is an Enterprise. I like it.
"You may think you're stronger than me - and MAYBE you are - but I got something you ain't never gonna have. Heart."
-Ben Grimm, AKA The Ever-Lovin' Blue Eyed Thing

Thanks to Joshawott for my avatar (Lt. Mike McCormack, USS Sovereign)
KahlessOfVulcan
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Jono » Sat May 07, 2011 5:35 pm

To be honest they're all pretty dire and the fact that only people from the US could enter is even worse, cause only Americans can have ideas for space ships?

Frankly any of the Mark Kingsnorth designs would have been far better, especially the Ascension class.
Jono
Crewman 1st Class
Crewman 1st Class

Postby Triton » Mon May 09, 2011 1:14 pm

Jono wrote:To be honest they're all pretty dire and the fact that only people from the US could enter is even worse, cause only Americans can have ideas for space ships?

I presume that Cryptic Studios only allowed entries from the United States of America for legal or taxation reasons. The Contest Rules should not be taken as a snub against people outside of the United States who create fan starships.
Triton
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Darthpaul » Tue May 10, 2011 12:16 pm

I'm not a fan of the winning design either. If it had been up to me the design by JM Trexler would've won. Makes me wonder how good the ideas wold have been if other countries had been able to enter. Maybe now the competition has finished they can accept entries from outside the US.
“It's all fun and games, until someone looses an eye...than it's fun and games you can't see anymore.”-James Hetfield
'Nec temere timide-Neither rashly nor timidly.'
'Bonvolu alsendi la pordiston, laŭŝajne estas rano en mia bideo'.
Darthpaul
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

Postby CamSPD » Tue May 10, 2011 12:54 pm

I don't like the new one, either.

I'm also rather astonished that the one I voted for didn't even make the runners-up list: http://www.startrekonline.com/enterpris ... lter=votes

Certainly hope that wasn't one of the ones that was submitted but was designed by someone else...
"Ah! She is a writer!"
We are free because of the brave.
CamSPD
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby McManus » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:59 pm

I like "A. Bouska"s design because its kinda radical. C. Madden's is Sleek and I could see it skirting around the ST universe. Second place C. Calloway is probably my favorite.
Unless otherwise stated all of my images are FREE TO USE. If you plan to use them with the Obsidian Fleet let me know beforehand so that I can make sure it doesn't conflict with someone I am going to use. I make pictures for everyone to enjoy (<-- is that better?)
McManus
Banned
Banned

Postby McManus » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:00 pm

CamSPD wrote:I don't like the new one, either.

I'm also rather astonished that the one I voted for didn't even make the runners-up list: http://www.startrekonline.com/enterpris ... lter=votes

Certainly hope that wasn't one of the ones that was submitted but was designed by someone else...

That is beautiful
Unless otherwise stated all of my images are FREE TO USE. If you plan to use them with the Obsidian Fleet let me know beforehand so that I can make sure it doesn't conflict with someone I am going to use. I make pictures for everyone to enjoy (<-- is that better?)
McManus
Banned
Banned

Postby JaceRidley » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:06 pm

So you guys hate it...

Okay... Have you seen the new model/render?

It actually looks pretty damned good. The drawing doesn't do the design justice.

Last edited by JaceRidley on Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That's magic in a cheetah print coat, Just a slip underneath it I hope
Asking if I can have one of those, Organic cigarettes that she smokes
Wraps her lips round the Mexican coke, Makes you wish that you were the bottle
Takes a sip of your soul and it sounds like…

JaceRidley
-The Captain-
-The Captain-

Postby ambessalion » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:21 pm

now this is beautiful
Ahmie K-[ay][aka Adam Kriegel], Captain of the Department of Weird yea i'm weird
STPMA WORLDBUILDING EXPERT[ RIP MJ!!] Normal people scare meAging is inevitable, maturity is optional
https://imgur.com/a/bUvNm
ambessalion
-the weird one-
-the weird one-

Postby captainuniverse » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:38 pm

Nice, though she should be called Tortuga instead of Enterprise because I agree. She does look like one.
"All of Time and Space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?"

"Geronimo!"

Thanks to FltCpt. Bossco for my Tattok avatar. This is Tattok when he assumed the position of Commander-in-Chief, Starfleet in the year 2411.
captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Postby AdmiralSirJohn » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:45 pm

This is mine, the new Marshal Martz...

(Yes, the image is me, but the photomanip wasn't done by me.)
AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Location: Aboard USS Marshal Martz, NCC-78506 (though physically in Jamestown, NY)

Next

Return to Star Trek Online