[DECK 01: Bridge]

The Star Trek: Sovereign RPG. To join, please contact Joshawott via PM.

Moderators: jayphailey, Joshawott

Forum rules
1.) This is a game, and games are made to be fun. Please do not post any material which may offend others or disrupt the flow of the game.
2.) Communication over comm should be located within brackets [ ]. Out of character or OOC comments should be located within parentheses ( ). Telepathic communications, thoughts, emphasis, and starship names should be italicized.
3. Players are expected to post in-character at least once a week. If there is time needed off, please contact Joshawott, so he can place your character on a leave of absence.
4. Leave posts open-ended for someone else to easily reply to.
5.) HAVE FUN!!!

Re: [DECK 01: Bridge]

Postby captainuniverse » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:11 pm

Gallen Tam smiled as the turbolift doors opened. He was happy to get the bridge people back on the bridge and as he stepped out, he saw the black and stars of open space before him.

"Stations," he ordered, heading towards the command area. The Trill looked at Captain Dawnter's chair and couldn't find the urge to sit in it. Instead he occupied the first officer's chair.

"Any response to our distress signal?" His question was directed towards Senior Chief Petty Officer Gareth Ward, one of Lieutenant McCormack's enlisted tactical officers. The salty, older man's attention was on his console which was still transferring command functions from Main Engineering.

"None yet, sir, I-- Wait! We're gettin' a ping from the Anaheim."

"Put' em through, Senior Chief, as soon as they're in range. Then--"

"You're in my seat," a voice said.

Tam turned around and saw the sexiest blue woman in all of creation.
"All of Time and Space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?"

"Geronimo!"

Thanks to FltCpt. Bossco for my Tattok avatar. This is Tattok when he assumed the position of Commander-in-Chief, Starfleet in the year 2411.
captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Postby AlyssaJaneway2 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:15 pm

Commander Yaren's trip from her quarters was short and sweet. The hum of the turbo shaft lit her face with a smile, and the swishing of the passing decks gave her the joy she needed. It felt good returning to her duties- now as acting captain. The doors of the lift opened suddenly and she found her self at the rear of the bridge. With a thud from her heels she stepped firmly onto the some-what dirty deck.

"Any response to our distress signal?" Tam's question was directed towards Senior Chief Petty Officer Gareth Ward, one of Lieutenant McCormack's enlisted tactical officers. The salty, older man's attention was on his console which was still transferring command functions from Main Engineering.

"None yet, sir, I-- Wait! We're gettin' a ping from the Anaheim."

"Put' em through, Senior Chief, as soon as they're in range. Then--"

"You're in my seat," Yaren said. Her voice was mono-toned and cold. It was rare for anyone to take the commander's chair. Most people preferred to take the captain's chair; however, it could have been a show of respect; she wasn't sure.

" Chief," she regarded, "bring this ship to a complete stop. Put the communication on speakers- emergency communication protocol." Her navy blue eye turned again to lock with the now standing engineer. "Thank you, commander," Yaren expressed her gratitude in her usual warm thanks and made her way down to the command deck- front and center.
Promise me you'll always remember:
You're braver than you believe,
and stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.
AlyssaJaneway2
Commander
Commander

Postby captainuniverse » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:49 pm

It's about bloody time, the Trill thought, acquiescing the command chair to the Andorian commander. Tam walked over to the engineering console where he relieved the Ensign who had been standing in. Sitting down, his eyes moved over the readings in front of him. The Trill saw that the ship's structural integrity was weak, even with the structural integrity working overtime with the new formulas.

Turning around in his seat, he faced the center of the bridge. With a raised eyebrow, he asked," Well, do you want the bad news or the good news?"
"All of Time and Space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?"

"Geronimo!"

Thanks to FltCpt. Bossco for my Tattok avatar. This is Tattok when he assumed the position of Commander-in-Chief, Starfleet in the year 2411.
captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Postby AlyssaJaneway2 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:49 pm

Once Commander Yaren had reached her desire destination, she ordered the view screen on and scanned the display aimlessly. Stars had always fascinated Yaren, but she had never persuade any "real" endeavors to become an astrologist. She preferred her command chair over that of a lab coat and telescope. She often times thought it laughable to leave the cushion of her chair. Why should she? She earned it.

Tam faced the center of the bridge. With a raised eyebrow, he asked," Well, do you want the bad news or the good news?"

Yaren remained focused on the view screen. " I would appreciate a status update. However, categorizing the information into a positive or negative view point would not be beneficial to a commanding officer who needs to remain objective." She smiled," Please, just relay facts in their order of urgency."
AlyssaJaneway2
Commander
Commander

Postby captainuniverse » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:47 pm

"Okay," Tam said, ignoring her Yaren's rebuke. He had once been a leader himself in a past life and didn't need the refresher course. "Well, I can tell you that we have areas in the Structural Integrity Field where we're liable to have a breach. We need to evacuate people situated in rescue shelters on the lower decks of the drive section. Also one of the warp pylons is showing strain so I've diverted warp power to the SID."

The Trill stood up and walked over to the tactical console, gently pushing aside the enlisted crewmember manning it. "If I run a sonic oscillation through the shields, I think I can strength the areas of the hull liable to crack open like an egg."

He stopped for a moment and took a deep breath. As Gallen exhaled, he smiled at Yaren. "I'm bringing sexy back and Sovereign is not nothing but sexy, Commander!"

The enlisted crewmember smirked and said," That probably sounded better in your head." He gulped and added," Sir."

Tam frowned. "It did, actually. Anyways, I have a ship to fix. I'll be in Engineering. Call if you need me!"

And as if a tornado had struck the bridge, the Chief Engineer left the bridge in such a whirlwind.

"Geronimo!"

captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Postby AlyssaJaneway2 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:35 pm

"Well, I can tell you that we have areas in the Structural Integrity Field where we're liable to have a breach. We need to evacuate people situated in rescue shelters on the lower decks of the drive section. Also one of the warp pylons is showing strain so I've diverted warp power to the SID."

Yaren took a deep breath and activated her comm-badge," Yaren to damage control teams; Begin emergency evacuation of the lower drive section. You may regroup on deck ten starboard shelter six." A chirp completed her intra-ship communication.

"If I run a sonic oscillation through the shields, I think I can strength the areas of the hull liable to crack open like an egg," tam now reported from a position at tactical control. Yaren thought for only a moment and gave a gentle nod of approval. "Once you have finished, I would like you to begin repairs to the ship. I understand that there are some major areas that will require special attention, but I am convinced you can make the best of this situation," she encouraged, in a more cooler tone than before.

As Gallen exhaled, he smiled at Yaren. "I'm bringing sexy back and Sovereign is not nothing but sexy, Commander!"

Yaren didn't know how to respond to Gallen's statement so she returned her attention to the view screen. Again, she aimlessly wondered about the distant stars, distant life, and distant cultures that were full of diversity and pulsating intellectual adventures, but for now she had a conundrum of her own.
AlyssaJaneway2
Commander
Commander

Postby KahlessOfVulcan » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:04 pm

Mike entered the bridge and headed for his station with a smile on his face, enjoying the memory of his reckless clandestine evacuation from Sickbay with Zaeryn. There would be hell to pay from Doctor Ramak later, but for now Mike still found it funny.

As he surveyed the bridge, Mike was pleasantly surprised to see his favorite Andorian XO sitting in the center seat.

"Hey, look who's back on her feet!" he said. "Glad to see you're feelin' better, Commander."

Mike entered a brief series of commands on his console and updated himself on the Sovereign's status before checking up on the Rukat as well. Both ships were in rough shape, but the Sovereign had been in worse situations and Mike suspected the Rukat had as well. There was fight left in both ships, that was for sure.

"Ah, still stuck in the timey-wimey temporal something-or-other, I see," Mike said mostly to himself. "What's the plan, Commander? And what do you want me to do?"
"You may think you're stronger than me - and MAYBE you are - but I got something you ain't never gonna have. Heart."
-Ben Grimm, AKA The Ever-Lovin' Blue Eyed Thing

Thanks to Joshawott for my avatar (Lt. Mike McCormack, USS Sovereign)
KahlessOfVulcan
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby AlyssaJaneway2 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:46 pm

"What's the plan, Commander? And what do you want me to do?" asked the recently escaped chief.

" For the moment," Yaren specified as she took a stand," We are attempting to reinforce section of the hull liable to 'crack open like an egg'."
Yaren grabbed her command console and twisted it. With a series of calculated commands she was able to bring up the shield integrity status. "Tam has begun to make modifications to the shield grid to patch and reinforce the structural supports. I have ordered the evacuation of the lower drive section. You may assist there or you can give Tam a hand with the shield..." Yaren swiftly left her station and moved around to the operation controls aft of her post. " Bridge to Tam... Status?"
AlyssaJaneway2
Commander
Commander

Postby AlyssaJaneway2 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:22 pm

Commander Yaren had just taken over the operations station when the alarms began a domino alert. One after another, the lights on the console began to flicker with urgency. " Report," Yaren ordered, not realizing she was talking to her self. " Sensors have picked up a barrier of some kind directly ahead. Its admitting massive temporal distortions," Yaren apprised the crew in an effort to keep them aware of their current status. " Helm, maintain course." Yaren tapped her comm-badge, " Bridge to Engineering, We need all the shield power you can spare... I have a barrier of temporal distortions directly ahead of us and no alternate route." The commander swiftly returned to the command area and allowed Lieutenant Lamb return to his duties.

"Sir," the helmsman reported, " the barrier is changing course and speed- its heading right for us."
Yaren activated the view screen in order to visualizes a massive wave of temporal energy growing closer and closer to the ship.
"Helm, bring us to full impulse power."
" No effect," the Ensign reported.
" Ma'am, the anomaly is gaining speed and altering its direction. Coming to course 338 mark 25," Lieutenant Lamb reported.
"Suggestions? Anyone?" Yaren turned to the confused faces of her bridge officers. "Very well."

" ATTENTION ALL HANDS:
This is the Captain speaking. Prepare non-essential stations for emergency lock down. All non-essential officers report to your quarters. We have a storm up ahead, prepare to transition to safety shelters on my order. This is not a drill- I repeat: this is not a drill...Captain out."

" Bridge to Tam, I need that shielding as soon as possible."
AlyssaJaneway2
Commander
Commander

Postby captainuniverse » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:41 pm

Tam's voice came over the bridge intercom. "Rerouting power to the shields. I'm giving you all that Sexy's got, Commander!"

"Geronimo!"

captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Previous

Return to Star Trek Sovereign