[DECK 11: Main Engineering]

The Star Trek: Sovereign RPG. To join, please contact Joshawott via PM.

Moderators: jayphailey, Joshawott

Forum rules
1.) This is a game, and games are made to be fun. Please do not post any material which may offend others or disrupt the flow of the game.
2.) Communication over comm should be located within brackets [ ]. Out of character or OOC comments should be located within parentheses ( ). Telepathic communications, thoughts, emphasis, and starship names should be italicized.
3. Players are expected to post in-character at least once a week. If there is time needed off, please contact Joshawott, so he can place your character on a leave of absence.
4. Leave posts open-ended for someone else to easily reply to.
5.) HAVE FUN!!!

[DECK 11: Main Engineering]

Postby Joshawott » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:47 pm

No literal time. That was a new one.

"Riojj, if you are still fit for duty, be my guest at continuing your analysis..."

He looked down at the deck plating, lips pursed. Technically this wasn't time travel, he wouldn't know what to report to Starfleet if they ever... reentered time? "But we should still have a doctor check your dataport, there might be some internal damage."

"And save it, McCormack, I know I need to put the safety of this before a single officer, but that officer is who I'm depending in to get this ship up and running again," he spoke to McCormack, but his gaze was intense with Zaeryn's. "With that being said, Mr. Arlat, would you mind telling me if the Ferengi have ever encountered something like this? I don't think any of us would be this shocked if it had happened to a Federation vessel."

The squat little beast gave a nervous smile, his blue eyes glittering with hope, "Umm," his voice was frantic, but somehow sure, "the Prilla was reported missing a couple decades ago, but when it showed up again just a few years back, the logs showed no evidence of it ever leaving its original position. The chronometer reported that no time had passed. Unfortunately scientific scans weren't the greatest of Ferengi vessels; we weren't able to research it. Not too important to have detailed scanners when you're searching for profit."

"I'm liking you more and more each second."

He turned and bit his thumb nail in contemplation. "Kriegel, would you mind heading down to the auxiliary sickbay and snagging a nurse? Tell them to meet us in engineering. We will transfer all command structures to the engineering section. It will serve as our new base of operations. It will be safer there, too."

He turned to face most of the officers in the room, examining their trustworthy faces that are now ridden with whisks of fear. "I know it will be a little crammed in there... But if we need to tap into ship's systems and figure out what the hell is going on, that would be the place to start."
Whatever it is, it feels like it's staring at me through the glass of a two-sided mirror. Whatever it is, it's just sitting' there, laughing at me.

I request Level 3 Critique on anything in the Critique section. :D

If you wish to join the Star Trek: Sovereign story, please PM me!
Joshawott
RPG-GM
RPG-GM

Location: Aboard the USS Sovereign, headquartered in the Beta Volvino system.

Re: [DECK 11: Main Engineering]

Postby Bry_Sinclair » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:18 pm

Riojj clenched her teeth but resisted the urge to grind them. She didn't need sympathy, she needed a few moments of quiet to try and rewrite the ship's optical data network, to make it do something it wasn't designed to do, in order to get them back on their feet. She looked levelly back at Dawnter.

"I assure you, I'm fine, sir," she stated fighting to keep the irritation from her tone. "I just need a minute to get sensors and communications back."

He held her gaze, before nodding. She half expected to be badgered with questions about exactly what she was doing, but thankfully they never came.

Turning back, she finished entering command on her board--something that would've taken half the time it did if her datalink was still connected. Taking a moment to check that her patch would hold, she activated the rerouted network and held her breath. All communications and external sensors hummed back to life.

"I've got comm--" she was cut off when the comm system flashed frantically. "We got multiple incoming messages from the other ships," she announced, her eyes flicking over the details as they scrolled down her screen, her brown furrowing. "I'm getting contradictory reports coming in from two of the ships; the Klingons are saying that all their readings are show them to have gone back eighty-two years, whilst the Romulans state that theirs say thirty-three years into the future. Nothing yet from the Cardassians, but they could've been affected as we were."
Avatar: Captain Reihyn, Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Orion (circa 2375)
Artist: FltCpt. Bossco
Bry_Sinclair
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Joshawott » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:47 pm

"If comm is up here, it should be fine on othe replaces of the ship. We need to get to engineering, immediately. Have the crew abandon all outer sections of compartments. We should all be gathered in the center."

He removed his jacket, and placed it on the command chair frantically, almost tripping over the counselor's station. Underneath was the maroon undershirt and the Starfleet issue vest variant. He replaced his combadge and continued. "You're getting medical attention. It won't hinder your duties, I promise," he placed a hand on Riojj's shoulder, his eyes stern but comforting.

"We can continue communicating with the other ships when we're engineering, let's go!" And with that, the crew abandoned the bridge and sought for more urgent needs.
Whatever it is, it feels like it's staring at me through the glass of a two-sided mirror. Whatever it is, it's just sitting' there, laughing at me.

Joshawott
RPG-GM
RPG-GM

Postby ambessalion » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:54 pm

"Yes Sir" he replied and ran to the nearest turbolift.

it took him a couple of minutes to reach sickbay.

He informed the CMO of the situation, and left immediately with the nurse instructed to leave with him.
Ahmie K-[ay][aka Adam Kriegel], Captain of the Department of Weird yea i'm weird
STPMA WORLDBUILDING EXPERT[ RIP MJ!!] Normal people scare meAging is inevitable, maturity is optional
https://imgur.com/a/bUvNm
ambessalion
-the weird one-
-the weird one-

Postby captainuniverse » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:59 pm

"I have damage control teams reporting back," Huxil said, standing opposite of Tam. He held up an engineering tricorder, looking around the engine room.

"And?"

"They're reporting discrepancies in time. Alpa team says they're seven hours in the past. Baker team says that they're fourteen days into the future."

"Yes, that may be fine and dandy but if we can't get these---" The Trill was interrupted by the arrival of Captain Dawnter and the bridge staff.
"All of Time and Space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?"

"Geronimo!"

Thanks to FltCpt. Bossco for my Tattok avatar. This is Tattok when he assumed the position of Commander-in-Chief, Starfleet in the year 2411.
captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Postby Bry_Sinclair » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:38 am

Stepping off the turbolift with the rest of the bridge crew, Riojj expected the medic to be waiting to be a pretty little thing, rosy cheeks and sweet smile. What she got was a hulking great Brikar, whose rock-like body threatened to rip its uniform to shreds with the slightest movement. The nurse's eyes scanned them all and singled her out when it saw the blood running down her neck, and in two long stomps was standing right in front of her, pulling a medical tricorder off its belt.

"What is the problem?" she (going by the lighter tone of the medic's voice) asked, removing the scanning wand and sweeping it from the dataport and over her head.

The rest of the bridge staff were already setting up shop, leaving her and the gargantuan nurse standing near the turbolift doors.

"There was a power surge and feedback loop when I had my datalink connected," Riojj explained. "I've dealt with them before, it's nothing."

The nurse's permanent scowl deepened. "It's not nothing, Lieutenant. Your nervous system is still hyper-charged from the overload, as well as some very unusual neural activity in your brain. I'm surprised you're still able to stand up straight, let alone walk and talk," the nurse stated without any hint of surprise in her deep voice.

"The buffer took most of it, but believe I've had worse. When our current situation has passed and we're once again back into a realm with a steady time stream, I will book myself into sickbay for a full examination. Alright?"

The Brikar's deep scowl deepened further. "You better had, Lieutenant, or else I'll find you, drag you in the and pin you to a biobed. Don't think I won't, sir."

"I didn't take you for the joking type, Nurse. Now if you'll excuse me."

"I can at least stop the bleeding and heal the minor burns around the port for you," she suggested, her voice sounding a touch softer than before.

Riojj nodded, which caused a wince of pain through her neck and head. The nurse opened her medkit, pulled out a dermal regenerator and set to work. After a few moments, she deactivated the device and examined her handiwork.

"How does that feel?"

"Better," she admitted, then mumbled, "Thanks."

"Would you like a hypo for the pain and discomfort?"

She shook her head (a gesture that was pain free). "I need to stay sharp, the last thing I need are drugs clouding my mind."

"Very well," the nurse conceded, closing her kit back up. "Remember, the minute we are back to normal space I want to see you in sickbay."

"Sure."

With that, she headed towards the central diagnostics table to get back to work. She felt the deck rumble as the mountainous nurse headed for the exit to resume her own duties back in sickbay.
Last edited by Bry_Sinclair on Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bry_Sinclair
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Joshawott » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:59 am

Stepping into engineering at a time like this was like walking into a quiet holotheatre on your communicator; everyone was annoyed and staring.

"Commander Tam, with me. Everyone else, continue work. Bridge crew, transfer whatever needed command structures you see fit."

He motioned Tam to follow him with two fingers, where he traveled to the "game table." The Captain licked his lips and let his head down, propped himself up with elongated arms stationed on the computer terminal. He looked at the Trill with only his cyan eyes, begging for a suggestion. When there was a silence, Joshua decided to speak up. "Freeing ourselves from this... anomaly is paramount. We need to device a way to help not only ourselves, but the other ships."

"Temporal Mechanics wasn't my strong suit at the Academy, but if I remember correctly, chronitons have an equivalent anti-chroniton particle, yes? That should abide by the laws of physics, although physics usually don't coincide with time," he paused, "Could we create a deflector pulse modified to resonate anti-chronitons? A temporal explosion of that magnitude might be able to push us back into regular time. Or at least where time exists."

His gaze was distracted by the flickering of the display below. A small, insignificant corner of the station acted as a clock. It was now randomizing numbers; 2304, 0832, 1511, and so on. "Meanwhile, turn this damn chronometer off."

Joshawott
RPG-GM
RPG-GM

Postby captainuniverse » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:12 am

Gallen considered the Captain's suggestion before shaking his head. "I already considered that idea, but we're using all availabke power to keep the shields going, sir. I even thought of a static warp shell in the core or creating some kind of anti-chroniton field around the ship. There's just not enough power."

"I sense a 'but' in there somewhere."

"A but? My but or your buy? But then, I'm the engineer, so it's my but." The Trill pointed to a schematic on his screen. It showed Sovereign and the other vessels acdompanying her. "Using an uplink with the other ships, I beleive we'll have enough power to protect us. We just have one problem."

"What's that?"

"Pushing us out of here." He typed in a few instructions and th3 captain's yacht and an inventory of the auxiliary craft appeared. "The shuttles, while inside the field, should give us enough oomph to get us out of here."

"'Oomph'?," asked a bridge officer that Gallen recognized as the ship's Security Chief and Acting First Officer. He reminded him of Kerbal, his fourth host.

"Yeah, it's there between 'ah' and 'ooh, he's so amazing! Boy, am I impressed..'"

"This isn't the time for jokes, Tam," Dawnter told him.

"Just lightening the mood, Captain, sir."

(Let me know at any time if my rampant insanity is spoiling things, please.)
"All of Time and Space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?"

"Geronimo!"

Thanks to FltCpt. Bossco for my Tattok avatar. This is Tattok when he assumed the position of Commander-in-Chief, Starfleet in the year 2411.
captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Postby KahlessOfVulcan » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:55 pm

Mike chuckled quietly. He'd always liked Gallen - the Trill could be absent-minded and downright odd, but he did his job well and he could be as funny as hell.

Mike hoped this plan of Gallen's worked out. Personally, he had only the foggiest understanding of the current situation and almost found himself wishing for a good old-fashioned fight. At least then he'd know what he was doing, whereas now he was basically an observer, even in his capacity as Acting First Officer.

"We can lighten the mood later, Gallen - and we can do it properly, with rum and everything. Once we're out of this mess, that is. For now just focus on getting us out of here."

Gallen nodded.

Mike looked around at the general commotion in Engineering and felt distinctly useless, until an idea hit him.

"With your permission, Skipper," Mike said, "I'd like to contact the other ships and get a better idea what state they're in. At least then I'll be of some use besides barking orders and looking over shoulders. I may not be any good at temporal mechanics, but if there's one thing I can do it's pester some Romulans and Cardassians."
"You may think you're stronger than me - and MAYBE you are - but I got something you ain't never gonna have. Heart."
-Ben Grimm, AKA The Ever-Lovin' Blue Eyed Thing

Thanks to Joshawott for my avatar (Lt. Mike McCormack, USS Sovereign)
KahlessOfVulcan
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Joshawott » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:13 pm

"Understood, Commander... Let's get to work," the Captain padded his engineer on the back, putting on a fake smile to dilute his overall fear of the matter.

"Contact Inaria first, it should prove easier," he winked to McCormack.

{Playing as Ambassador Inaria Stilet}

The bridge of the Galor-class ship was musty and unappealing. It kind of made Inaria sick to her stomach, but she requested command of her own vessel on this mission, and that's what she got. And even then, she shouldn't be complaining when thousands of people are in the midst of temporal "invisibility." But she knew that.

The officer to the right of Stilet called out as she sat worried in the command chair, "We're receiving a transmission from the Federation vessel."

She spoke quietly, almost like a mouse. She had always spoke that way, without confidence or power. "Call it the Sovereign, that is its name, of course. On main viewer."

A rather eccentric male with rather beautiful cerulean eyes popped directly on her screen, a grin that was both startling and contagious. "I'm assuming you've found a way to help us, yes?"
Last edited by Joshawott on Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Wrong character answered communication, my apologies

Joshawott
RPG-GM
RPG-GM

Postby captainuniverse » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:32 pm

Gallen nodded at McCormack. "Rum is good." He looked at his console before adding,"Be sure to get exact temporal readings from the other ships, Mike. We want to make sure that we don't leave anyone behind in the wrong time period."

The Trill looked over at Huxil. "Hux!"

"Yeah, Chief?!," the Denobulan called down from the upper level of Engineering. He was working with another engineer, a Kaferian, on increasing structural integrity.

"Start divert nonessential power." Tam looked at Dawnter. "Captain?"

"Yes, Gallen?," Dawnter asked, his nervousness quietly concealed under an air of commqnd confidence.

"If we could get the crew to the emergency shelters or to deeper sections of the ship--"

"-- you might be able to divert more power to the shields?"

"Yeah, if Keigel can deal without his precious sciences labs." Tam and the science officer always seemed to rub each other wrong since they joined the crew. Gallen was definitely more experienced and a bit of a show-off in how confident he could be in the face of danger. The science officer... he was a mystery wrapped inside an enigma...
Last edited by captainuniverse on Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Geronimo!"

captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Postby Joshawott » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:05 pm

{Playing Captain Joshua Dawnter}

"I've already had that done, Commander. All personnel and civilians have been evacuated from outer sections of the hull. But I haven't rerouted power from those areas. If you wouldn't mind, I could do it. I did exceptionally well on my operations section of my bridge officer test. I'll-" he was interrupted by a young engineer behind him.

"Sir, may I, uh, use the restroom?" the ensign in gold asked.

"Ensign, don't ask. Ever. Just go," he turned back to the Trill, "On second thought, can you have Riojj do it?"

Joshawott
RPG-GM
RPG-GM

Postby KahlessOfVulcan » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:40 pm

The first time Mike saw Inaria Stilet on the viewscreen, he had been a little too busy prying an over-exuberant Ferengi away from Captain Dawnter to really notice her startling looks. Now that he had her full attention, though, he found her alien looks alluring and mesmerizing.

"I'm assuming you've found a way to help us, yes?" she asked. Her voice was soft and calm but possessed s certain quiet confidence just under the surface.

Mike's grin widened.

"Our chief engineer Commander Tam has an idea, yes. He'll be sending your engineers the exact specifications, but he thinks we can work together to create a pulse of anti-chronitons that should get us back to normal space."

Stilet nodded with understanding.

"I see," she said. "My science officer had a similar idea, but by ourselves we have barely enough power. If all three ships link together, we should be able to create a large enough anti-chroniton pulse."

"That's what Tam says," Mike said. "I'm just the messenger here, he's the smart one. Anyway what he needs from you are the exact temporal readings from the T'Vril and the Rukat and any other relevant details about the state of your ships. Have you taken any major damage that could interfere with the plan?"

Stilet gave him a small smile.

"I'll have my science officer transmit the relevant data as soon as possible. As for damage, here on the Rukat we're in surprisingly good condition aside from a few fused plasma relays and some minor damage to our weapons array. However, our shields are stressed almost to their breaking point. They're stable for now, but if things get much more chaotic out there...I don't know how much more we could take."

"Understood," Mike replied, his grin quickly fading. "Hopefully we can get out of here before things get worse. And what's the status of the T'Vril?

Stilet hesitated, which puzzled and concerned Mike. Maybe the Romulans were simply less cooperative than Stilet's Cardassian crew, but there could be something more sinister going on.

"The T'Vril has sustained minor damage to her deflector dish," Stilet said after an uncomfortably long silence. "I am unaware of the precise details or the severity of the damage, but I will find out and send the relevant information along with the rest of my science officer's report."

"Sounds like a plan, Ambassador. Thanks for speaking with me. Now I have to speak to the captain of the Gil'tok," Mike said. His brain told him to stop talking and leave it at that, but his mouth kept going and he just couldn't help it.

"Something tells me he won't be as easy on the eyes as you are," Mike said, and really wished he hadn't. Oh, crap. She's not gonna like that and Josh is gonna kill me...

"He certainly won't be as soft-spoken," Mike finished lamely. To his great relief, Inaria didn't react badly to his minor flirtation. She simply arched an eyebrow and allowed her smile to widen a fraction.

"Indeed not, Lieutenant. I hope we get the chance to speak again. Stilet out."

Mike's grin returned in full force after she cut the channel.

Well, that didn't go half bad, he thought. Now for the less pleasant part.

Mike sighed and opened a channel to the Klingons.
"You may think you're stronger than me - and MAYBE you are - but I got something you ain't never gonna have. Heart."
-Ben Grimm, AKA The Ever-Lovin' Blue Eyed Thing

Thanks to Joshawott for my avatar (Lt. Mike McCormack, USS Sovereign)
KahlessOfVulcan
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Joshawott » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:46 pm

Dawnter walked behind McCormack just in time to see Inaria's face leave the screen. He stood diagonal to the Lieutenant to oversee his communications with the Klingons.

"Lieutenant, you opened the channel, right?" Joshua asked, noticing that the Klingons have yet to respond.

"Yes... I opened all frequencies," he answered, confused.

He furrowed his brow, sliding to the right of the security officer and tapped at the newly configured controls. "Well, it's kinda hard to answer a call when you're not there..." He looked to McCormack's face with sarcastic glee. He didn't know what had happened; maybe they natural emerged from the phenomenon, maybe the ship was somehow destroyed and sensors aren't showing it, or maybe they figured out how to leave and did so without helping the other vessels.

"The Gil'tok has left the building!" Joshua called out to his crew. "Open a channel to the Romulans, maybe they know what the hell happened."

Irritated, Captain Dawnter marched off aimlessly to the other sections of engineering, biting his thumbnail in contemplation. He walked back to see Captain Torak appear on the primitive viewscreen, though his typical Romulan aura was somewhat awry. "Sovereign! Our ship is in critical danger! Shields are failing, life support is failing, structural integrity is failing! Something happened in the warp core, the artificial quantum singularity was destabilized and is destroying my ship! Please, help us! I repeat pl-"

There was a flash of orange, then a black screen.

Joshua let his head drop, unable to react to the recent destruction of the T'Vril. He composed himself, and looked up, "Okay, we're down to two ships. I'd like to keep it that way. Tam, do whatever you need. I'll be in your office."

Joshawott
RPG-GM
RPG-GM

Postby Bry_Sinclair » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:19 pm

With her neck wound healed, Riojj had started working on their situation once again, the trickle of blood on her neck now drying and the left0hand side of her collar soaked so much that it would've been mistaken for a command division uniform.

Under Dawnter's orders, she had started a systematic shutdown and power reroute from all external sections of the ship, trying to conserve as much power as she could. The task was taking her a little longer than usual, her fuzzed mind refusing to clear at times, but she did her best to shake it off and redoubled her efforts. She was so engrossed in what needed to be done she never noticed the readouts from the sensors, in that their task force of four had dropped to three. But a cursory glance at the external sensors made her pause and scrutinise them closer, focusing on the energy spike coming from the Warbird.

Before she could call out a warning it blinked out of existence, leaving just the Sovereign and the Rukat--the most and least powerful ships of their group. Hopefully they would be enough for Commander Tam's plan to work, the Sovereign was state-of-the-art, outfitted with the best technology Starfleet had available; the Galor-Class cruiser dated back at least a decade before the Dominion War had begun, and still bore some of the scars from the conflict--the Cardassians still slowly recovering from the significant losses and massive damage they had sustained.

The chirping of her console tore her away from the sensors. She studied the graphical representation of the ship, it showed where all the life-signs were congregated and all the areas that had been powered down (almost thirty per cent of the entire ship).

She looked over to the peculiar Chief Engineer--yet another individual she couldn't get a bearing on. "Commander, I've rerouted power from all external areas, ready to transfer when you are."
Bry_Sinclair
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Next

Return to Star Trek Sovereign