Re: [DECK 7: Main Sickbay]

The Star Trek: Sovereign RPG. To join, please contact Joshawott via PM.

Moderators: jayphailey, Joshawott

Forum rules
1.) This is a game, and games are made to be fun. Please do not post any material which may offend others or disrupt the flow of the game.
2.) Communication over comm should be located within brackets [ ]. Out of character or OOC comments should be located within parentheses ( ). Telepathic communications, thoughts, emphasis, and starship names should be italicized.
3. Players are expected to post in-character at least once a week. If there is time needed off, please contact Joshawott, so he can place your character on a leave of absence.
4. Leave posts open-ended for someone else to easily reply to.
5.) HAVE FUN!!!

Postby AlyssaJaneway2 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:12 pm

Doctor Ramak took a momentary glace toward her other patient lying in the surgical bay. In all the hustle and bustle she never caught sight of her. Rightly so, the surgical bay was void of the operations chief. In shocked Kala inquired," Who discharged Lieutenant Riojj?"

Some of the nurses looked puzzled. The captain's face was the most confused face of all.

" WHO discharged Lieutenant Riojj?" she questioned more forcefully.

Several answers were offered but none were "I's".

" Computer," a artificial tone beeped in acknowledgement, " link with the surgical bay's bio scanners."

" Link established," the computer complied.

" Now, begin a scan of the ship for the last recorded bio scans."

" Scanning... Bio-signs detected."

" Confirm combadge signature."

"Confirmed," the computer said with its artificial certainty.

"Erect a level ten force field around the surgical bay," the commander instructed as she closely eyed the captain.

A snap of energy across the entrance to the surgical bay allowed Doctor Ramak to continue with her instructions.

" Lock onto the preciously established bio-signs and combadge with a site to site transport--engage."

A fury of blue balls and swarms of blue hues materialized inside the bay depositing the Lieutenant. Doctor Ramak took only a moment to regard the Lieutenant," When you a properly dismissed, you may carry a message to Lieutenant McCormak. Let him know he will be severely punished for this act of insubordination, aiding and abetting, and dereliction of duty.... He'll know what I mean."

Kala turned her attention back to the Captain who was still trying to recall past events.
Promise me you'll always remember:
You're braver than you believe,
and stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.
AlyssaJaneway2
Commander
Commander

Postby Joshawott » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:07 pm

{Playing as Captain Joshua Dawnter}

Joshua had only been knocked out once in his life. While he wished that this injury could have been the result of a vicious bar fight or a phaser to the chest, the story of this unconsciousness was told sparingly and for fun. The rambunctious child fancied to climb the immense Goose Island Oaks that grew in the backyard of his quaint Texan home back on Earth. Dawnter loved the rush of hoisting his scrawny body up into the array of limbs and straddling the thick branches high in the air. He was closer to the sky, where he wished to be. He felt stronger - lighter. Of course he didn’t feel these things as he tumbled through the branches like a plinko machine.

But this second time that he was knocked unconscious wasn’t because of an adolescent mistake of falling from a tree. This wasn’t because of recreation. And it didn’t feel quite the same.

The Captain’s bare chest was exposed to the high ceiling of the medical bay, where the sculpted muscle was covered in a cold sweat as the bustle of medical staff spilled throughout the clinical safe house. His hands, unable to be moved, attempted to find their way to his head, which felt as if a lumberjack has split it in two, only to have a Klingon ravage through it with the edge of his bat’leth.

What the hell happened?

He groaned, as an undistinguishable nurse held down his sharp shoulders to keep him still, but his legs thrashed to the best of their ability. His eyes, crazily unlatched with mortal fear, darted around the room to find only blurs that caused him more pain than the medicine could deafen.

What the hell happened?

He let out a panicked moan as his aperture was unable to form cohesive words, just sounds that exalted from his throat in a guttural absence of articulation.

What the hell happened?

His muscles flexed under the taught skin in failed attempt to move them once more. A single tear dripped from his now bolted eyes as he winced under a wave of newfound pain. He swallowed hard, his dry throat scraping as he put forth the most effort he could muster, “What the hell happened?”

Heads zipped his way, but the only one that he truly cared to see at this moment was the one with the ridged nose. While he was relieved to know that his crew was okay - well at least his medical staff - the only person he was confident could tell him the cold, hard facts was Ramak.
Whatever it is, it feels like it's staring at me through the glass of a two-sided mirror. Whatever it is, it's just sitting' there, laughing at me.

I request Level 3 Critique on anything in the Critique section. :D

If you wish to join the Star Trek: Sovereign story, please PM me!
Joshawott
RPG-GM
RPG-GM

Location: Aboard the USS Sovereign, headquartered in the Beta Volvino system.

Postby AlyssaJaneway2 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:23 pm

"Captain," Ramak's mono-toned voice barked through his pandemonium, " Captain, can you hear me? Do you understand me? We are trying to help you, but I need you to give me some information."
Ramak quickly flipped her tricorder open and began to dance it over his exposed abdomen. " Do you know where you are?" Captain Dawnter's pain was obvious. "I need you to listen to me."
"CAPTAIN!" She yelled, followed by a thundering clap.
Kala waited for Captain Dawnter to look in her direction, but his eyes scanned the room in a rapid and unpredictable manner.
" You're in Sick bay. We are trying to help you? Are you experiencing any localized pain?" Ramak knew she wasn't telling him what he wanted to hear, but who knew, at that particular moment what he wanted to hear?
" Captain stay with me. Focus on the sound of my voice. Listen to my voice. I am here with you. You're in sickbay. You experienced extensive trauma. I need you to let me know you can hear me. " Dawnter opened and closed his eyes in an attempt to fixate on her voice, but the attempt was futile.
Dawnter couldn't understand the first thing she was saying.

The tricorder scan revealed no new information. Nothing pressing anyway. The captain had a rapid pulse, consistent with his injuries; he had a weakened respiratory rate, also consistent with his injuries, and to top the medical charts, he probably had a head ache as well.

Ramak turned with her eyebrows bent in sympathy,to the nurse, " Give him medication for his pain. Run another neural scan just to verify there was, in fact, NO brain damage, and get me another round of blood work. If and when everything returns normal, we will expedite his recovery and get him back to the bridge."

Kala's heart was on the verge of breaking. She wanted desperately to lay her hands on the captain and declare him healed, but that was beyond her power. She was simply a doctor. Her compassion for her patients was what made her excellent in her field; however, sometimes, Ramak found her self tasked with the unenviable duty of penalizing an officer. She took that duty seriously. It wasn't often that she was graced with the unfortunate responsibility, but every once-in-a-while someone would tip the scale.

Ramak turned to eye the surgical bay in dreaded anticipation of her next obligation . " Lieutenant Riojj, I understand your duty to your ship and its crew." She opened formally and understandingly as an attempt to convey her predisposition." Most of the officers gathered here share in you desire to protect, aid, and defend this ship; however, in that noble cause you must also understand that we have individual duties. These duties may, at times,negate others, but they are set in place for a reason. How do you expect this ship to function if all of its crew acted as you did a few moments ago? How do you expect this ship to function if its senior officers can not follow the simplest of orders?" Kala began a slow sashay toward the medical bay, running her hands across the medical console, and arching her brow inquisitively. " It can not function without the mutual respect of all concerned. Now, suppose for the moment I would have prematurely dismissed you from sick bay and you became involved in an on-going operation to save the ship. What do you suppose could have happened?" Kala waited only a moment before answering her question," We could have, hypothetically, put the live of everyone on board in jeopardy because you were not properly treated." Ramak's face crunched in sheer frustration. "We are in a state of emergency! We need our best people working at their very best on the job. Yes, I am sure that you are more than capable of handling the duties of your post; however, I do not gamble with lives and possibilities." Kala's walk came to an abrupt halt and she snapped to attention."I deal in facts. The facts are: You are not fit for duty. Your stunt was irresponsible, reckless, and unbecoming of a senior officer and if you ever pull a stunt like that again, I will confine you to your quarters until such a time a court martial can be arranged."

Ramak turned in a fury fueled by her anger, disappointment, and concern," Consider yourself retained for further medical observation."
Promise me you'll always remember:
You're braver than you believe,
and stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.
AlyssaJaneway2
Commander
Commander

Previous

Return to Star Trek Sovereign